Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day #19: "the harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph"

So today was another busy day, we were out of the house most of the day, and while trying a new shortcut we found an AROOGA's, a restaurant we see advertised like ALL the time, but we had no idea where it was...so of course Bret wanted to try it.

Let me just say I am INSANELY frustrated when restaurants don't have their calorie counts listed. All I could find listed were wings. So, I approximated and guesstimated myself into what you see listed below. Let me just hope it's an OVERestimation and not an UNDERestimation... salads at restaurants can be such calorie-bombs...and I didn't use the dressing until the very end, and I only used a smidgen. It was yummy. Bret loved his food, so we'll of course be going back (and we have coupons), so...I'm going to try to find something better next time (though there wasn't many "healthy" or even "healthy-in-disguise" options. LOL).

We had a late lunch, and then got back around 9 after our hockey game, so I just had jell-o for dinner. LOL.

Breakfast: 360
Kashi - Go Lean Crunch! , 1 Cup (56g/1.9 oz.) - 190
Chobani - Peach Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, 6 oz. - 140
Silk - Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 cup - 30

Lunch: 1,172
AROOGA's "Checkered Flag" Salad, composed of approx.:
Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 1 cup shredded - 8
Tomato Slices - Fresh, 1 tomato -22
Provolone Cheese, 4 slices - 400
+ Swiss cheese, 4 slices - 400
Ham - Sliced, regular (approximately 11% fat), 2 serving 2 slices - 183
Turkey breast meat, 4 serving - 137
Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.25 cup, pared, chopped - 4
Balsamic Vinagrette, 0.4 tablespoons - 18

Dinner: 80
Jello - Blue Raspberry, 1/2 cup - 80

Snacks/Drinks: 110
Tea - 0
Water - 0
1 serving of pretzels, (Utz Sourdough Specials large pretzels) - 110

Exercise: 
None. 

TOTAL: 1722

Motivation for the upcoming week... (note: I do not own, nor did I create this photo. I honestly don't remember where it came from, I just had it saved on my computer. If you are the owner of this photo please comment or email me to have it removed or to get credit. Thanks for your understanding, I don't want to infringe on any copyright or ownership or whatever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment