Monday, February 3, 2014

Quote of the Week: "If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough." –Oprah Winfrey

Quote of the Week: "If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough." –Oprah Winfrey

So this past week was *that week* (ladies, you know). So, with bloating, I gained five pounds, despite having exercised five times, and eating correctly (with the exception of two pieces of candy- which in reality were nothing compared to how I was eating before). But you know what? It's life. Sometimes, you might not lose the weight you worked for. And, sometimes you body just wants to hold onto extra water (Damn you, Aunt Flo!). Don't beat yourself up about it. Move on, keep working for your goal. In the end, you doing the right thing will work out. If you give up, you'll never win.

Setting that little pep talk for myself aside, time to talk about this week's quote...

I like this one, in terms of life and of weight loss. Too many people (myself included) always focus on what we don't have. For example, I focus on the fact I don't have a thin stomach like most people my age do, or that I can't run like I would like to, or that I don't have a nice nose. It's hard, but I've been trying to silence my inner "negative Nancy" by focusing on what I do have: I have legs even my fit friends envy, I have long beautiful hair that I get compliments for, and I'm lucky to not be ill or suffer from diabetes (trust me- my bad-eating was BAD).

This week I want you to put aside all the things you hate about yourself and your life, and stop thinking about what you don't have. Instead, focus on what you do have. 

I want each of you to make a list of 5-10 things you have or that you like about yourself. 

You can post it here in the comments or on the Facebook page if you'd like, but most importantly I want you to write it out (or type it) and post it somewhere where you can see. Put in on your mirror in the bathroom, your bedroom door, by your desk at work, wherever. Just make sure that you can see it every day.

Focus on the positive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment