Thursday, December 16, 2010

Perfection is a myth

you cannot be perfect. 
this is a fact of life.

everyone is different.
we're tall, short, fat, thin, and everything in between.

i happen to be the oddest combination of tall and fat.
but not just fat, obese.
and i am disgusting.

like many heavy people, i have dieted and exercised, lost and gained again.
i got the strength to work the weight off, and then the weakness to give into the twinkies.
and i don't even like twinkies, it just seemed like the perfect food for fat people to sterotypically eat.

i am 5 foot 9 and 229 pounds.

i guess the point of this blog is a journal of sorts, and a way to ease the loneliness i feel so often in my struggle.

i do not want to live like this,
and aside from being on the Biggest Loser or someone stapling my mouth shut (or hiding the forks if you prefer the less dramatic image) i need a miracle.

i intend to be that miracle.
and to share my tips and tricks, successes and setbacks (which i hope there aren't any!), and support for everyone who is currently on this journey, or just beginning.

According to the CDC, 34% of adults 20 years old and over are obese, and 34% are overweight ( not obese).


I don't want to be part of either of those statistics, or the statistics describing heart disease, joint problems, and all the other life issues associated with being obese.


Who's with me?


Just another whale,
MyzzLyzz

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your blogs. I stumbled upon them while I was searching for diet plans online and understand how hard it is to lose weight :/ I'm 5 ft 1", 206 lbs, and loathe myself.

    It's nice and refreshing to see other girls going through the same thing and knowing I'm not alone. I plan to put the tips provided into action tomorrow :)

    It's sometimes depressing to look at pictures and see my friends so pretty and tiny and then look at myself in the mirror. There was a question I used to ask myself and my friends that seemed somewhat depressing: I wonder what it's like to be skinny. I didn't know that question was such a downer for some people, but sometimes I still wonder.

    Since I was a baby I've always been larger than the other my age and felt self conscious about the way I looked. Plus, being only 5 ft 1" doesn't really help the 'height is slimming' illusion. I sometimes feel like a meatball and constantly try to wear long sleeves so that no one could see my fat arms. But I plan to change that all.

    My goal is to go from 206 to at least 170, and then set another goal from there. Your blogs and openness are inspirational and I admire you for that :) not many people have that kind of bravery.

    I think this blog is a great way of reaching out and helping others with their battle with weight. If only I had found this sooner maybe I would already be a few pounds less, lol.

    I hope this message isn't too long or boring, I just wanted to thank you for posting this and reminding me that I'm not the only one fighting this battle against obesity. Thank you so very much :)

    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to really get heavy after my father died when I was 10, and since then i've bounced from too thin, to way too fat. i always gain more and more. i just don't pay attention to myself and then one day i wake up and look at myself in the mirror- and its horrible to see the shape ive let myself get to.

    im trying hard to do this journey the healthy and safe way- so i finally keep the weight off.

    thank you for sharing your story. feel free to comment on anything if you need advice or have any questions.

    best of luck!

    remember, try to focus on the positive- youre making changes and even if you have a little slip up, its okay, youre human. just keep on going. you are a beautiful person inside, and youre working to be just as beautiful on the outside. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete