Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mini-post #9/10

I'm so sorry about skipping last week's weigh in! I got too caught up in school and work that by the time I remembered that I should have weighed myself it was already Sunday!


*** Today, I also am announcing a little friendly competition between me and my weight loss buddy! We will be partaking in an 8-week "Biggest Loser" style competition against each other. We decided to do this as a way to "kick-start" our momentum again! So, starting next week, we will put on on this blog, BOTH of our weigh loss numbers, and percentage lost (this is a more accurate way to compare 2 people, since the actual number of pounds lost and its impact varies on gender and total weight -  this is the numbers they use on Biggest Loser). Keep an eye out- the weigh-in day will still be thursday! ***




Today's weigh-in!:
FIRST weigh-in: 229 lbs
Last week's weigh-in: 216 lbs
Today's weigh-in: 215 lbs.
Weight loss for the week:  1 lbs.
Weight loss to date: 17.5  lbs


Last week's goals:
1. Lose 4 pounds -  I feel really frustrated. I have been really busy and not sleeping and not exercising as much as I should have. This is just more of a wake-up call that I really need to have a "kick start" to my motivation. 
2.  Climb the stairs again, at least once. - I did this twice, once for each week. I still am huffing and puffing when i get towards the top, but I feel so great when i finish! I feel like I have climbed to the highest mountain and the only place to go upwards is towards the stars. 
3. Start getting back into daily exercise, with a small minimum goal of 30 minutes a day. - I have been walking at least 30 minutes a day, but I have had only two or three days when I was able to do any cardio or weight exercise.


LONG-TERM GOAL UPDATE:  Reach 200 lbs by February 27th.
- Im really upset that I didn't make my goal. Realistically, at least I didn't gain weight. But on the other hand, I am feeling pretty stuck and bored, and even more so im feeling stressed about school.
- my next long-term goal is to be 180 by August 15th, but I think that I'm going to aim to lose that stubborn 15 pounds and be under 200 by mid-April.

 Next Week, stay tuned for the first weigh-in of Just Another Whale's "Biggest Loser" competition!

1 comment:

  1. Hello:)
    Im going to start exercising week and post my progress as well. I have to admit, finding your blog page and reading it inspired me a lot. Thank you very much:). I am looking forward to reading any of your future posts. Don't give up =)

    ReplyDelete