Monday, October 22, 2012

30 Day "Kickstart" Challenge - Day #1: Back at the Beginning

So, as part of the new JAW, I've decided to start with a bit of a challenge for myself, and if you have a blog or food diary (and you should!) you should try to join me!

I am going to make a post at the end of every day, for 30 days, to get myself back on track.

Here is how I am setting this up:

(Blurb about my day: a way for me to vent/talk about my daily frustrations and how I feel about myself. This part is especially important for emotional eaters!)

(Food diary: I will be getting some help from the MyFitnessPal app on my smartphone, which is app-solutly amazing! [Sorry, couldn't help the pun.] I will track my calorie intake and food, so you guys can get an idea of what I'm eating, and that I can hold myself accountable. haha.)

(Exercise: what (if anything) did I do that day to get moving.)

(And maybe occasionally, I will treat you guys with a picture or quote or something cool like that.)

After the jump, see my first entry! :) 


So Day 1, how intimidating and beautiful at the same time. Day 1 of anything, new diet, new schoolyear, new exercise plan, is always so fun and exciting. I am good with Day 1s. I am always so motivated and ready to change. However, but the time Day 10s, or Day 20s roll around, I am usually back where I started, or worse.

Today was fairly easy in terms of food. I stayed up late last night and woke up early, and my stomach always hurts on days when I do that... so today I didn't have much of an appetite.

I had a busy morning catching up with work for this week, and a busy evening with class, so overall I was distracted today. But thats a good thing. Even though today I wasn't that hungry, on days when I'm feeling weak or emotional and want to eat like a pig, staying busy is my savior!

I actually found this cute little project to help with my visualization of my weight loss. Basically you make two jars: one labeled "pounds to lose" and the other "pounds lost." Then you fill the "pounds to lose" jar with marbles or beads or something to that effect, and every week when you weigh in, you move the beads between the jars (hopefully all moving from the "pounds to lose" to the "pounds lost" jar!).  I am working on the jars now, and hopefully will have a cute pic to show you in a few days once they're dry and I fill them with marbles (I might use rice or something else I dunno yet). We'll see. :)

Breakfast: 140 calories
2 hard-boiled eggs - 140 calories


Lunch: 233 calories
1 and 3/4 cup multigrain cheerios - 192 calories
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk - 40 calories

Dinner: 429 calories
2 slices of seeded by bread - 120 calories
16 slices (1 serving) of Margherita Pepperoni  - 140 calories
2 slices of Land O'Lakes White American Cheese - 160 calories
2 tomato slices - 9 calories
1 teaspoon of French's Classic Yellow Mustard - 0 calories
Snacks/Drinks: 280 calories 
2 red apples - 160 calories
24 "minis" (1 serving) of Snyder's Snaps pretzels - 120
Tea*
Water 

Exercise: 
none. :(

TOTAL INTAKE: 1082 calories
TOTAL BURNED: 0

*Please note that for Tea, I will not be specifying what kind or how many cups, or even what meals I drink it with. I drink a TON of tea because its yummy and now that its October, I am always cold. Unless I add sugar, honey, or milk, tea is calorie free anyway, so theres no need to limit or stress over the intake of tea. And for those of you struggling to ditch drinks that aren't water (like soda or sugary juices), tea is a great thing! Theres probably millions of kinds of tea out there. Black, green, red, chai, spiced, fruit flavored, herbal, etc. The list goes on forever! I will probably do an entire post about tea soon, but for now, I'm just leaving it at the fact tea and I are buddies, and I am not going to keep track of how much I drink, beyond writing "Tea" in my food diary. I also won't be tracking my water intake, since I'm pretty sure I get more than enough of it. LOL. :)


According to MyFitnessPal, "if everyday were like today, I would weigh 225.9 lbs in 5 weeks." Just a cool thing to keep me motivated, and its neat to know. 


Just a last inspirational picture (note: I do not own, nor did I create this photo. I honestly don't remember where it came from, I just had it saved on my computer. If you are the owner of this photo please comment or email me to have it removed or to get credit. Thanks for your understanding, I don't want to infringe on any copyright or ownership or whatever!):



No comments:

Post a Comment