Friday, October 26, 2012

Day #5: Going out to eat for the first time while on my new path

So, I met with a great friend today to hang out and catch up. The most obvious place to meet up is at a restaurant for food and drinks. I was in a panic before I went. Going out to eat almost always derails my progress for the day. I know that about myself. Worse still, we're going to Damon's a bar/grill/BBQ type place which isn't exactly know for its healthy options. Before I met up with her, I went online to look at their menu and calorie counts. Let's just say I was very frightened at how unhealthy they could make a salad or chicken! LOL That is why, after I ordered and ate, I was a little surprised at how many calories my salad was listed as having. I take that number with a grain of salt....it doesn't seem accurate. Also, Damon's has a little "healthy eating" box in the middle of it's menu...it all looked like crap. So, be weary of food places try to sell as "healthy."

See my diary after the jump! :)

You can see in my diary that I anticipated going out, and as a result I had a smaller breakfast and a smaller dinner. I woke up around 10, and my lunch was at 1, with an hour and a half of driving inbetween, so I was more than OK with some tea and my smoothie to satisfy me for the drive, (the smoothie has all the ingredients listed out underneath breakfast).


Breakfast: 185
1 cup Kirkland green yogurt - 140
1/2 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla almond milk unsweetened - 20
1/2 cup Well-Pict frozen unsweetened strawberry slices - 25

Lunch: 393
1 lunch portion of Damon's Grilled Chicken breast salad - 340
1.5 oz. of Damon's balsamic vinaigrette -  53

Dinner: 316
Chicken breast meet approx. 1 cup - 231
2 tsp. of grated parmesean cheese - 20
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas - 52
4 large boiled white mushrooms - 13

Snacks/Drinks: 365
Tea - 0
Water - 0
2 medium red apples - 160
1 serving (24 sticks) of Pretzel Sticks - 100
1 medium banana - 105


Exercise: 
Does running around at Field of Screams count? It does but I don't know how to count that so lets just leave this blank. LOL

TOTAL: 1259

I did great today considering I went out to eat...and I wasn't starving the whole day despite how little calories I ate. I filled up on veggies - which is fantastic! :)

Lastly, for some motivation... :) (note: I do not own, nor did I create this photo. I honestly don't remember where it came from, I just had it saved on my computer. If you are the owner of this photo please comment or email me to have it removed or to get credit. Thanks for your understanding, I don't want to infringe on any copyright or ownership or whatever!)


P.S. - I have a print-out of that saying on the door to my apartment...I love it!!! I never want to find this weight again!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment