Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day # 2: Inspiration Jars

So, as I said in my last post, I was working on the jars from this cool project. :) It kept me busy for a little under half an hour, but then again, I did not spend that much time on them. I had the jars already (I save all glass jars because buying storage containers is idiotic to me), and I used duct tape and sharpie, since I didn't have any paint or modpodge or anything like that lying around. I didn't want to go out any buy anything, since money is tight. So I just used what I had. For the insides (the things you'd move), I used Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal pieces. The next time I visit my mom, I might borrow some marbles and change them out for the cereal. Haha. If you do make them, I'd love to see pictures! So post them in the comments, or email them to me and I can post them in one of my posts. :)

After the jump, see the pictures of my jars, and the rest of my post. :)
So, here's my jars. :)

(Empty Jars)

(Like the whale I snuck in there? LOL)

(Tops of the jars)


(Filled with cereal)

(Now I just need to work on moving those pieces to the other jar!)


(I put them on my nightstand by my mirror so I see them every morning.)

I think they're neat looking, but as long as they motivate me I don't care what they look like! :)


So, here's my food intake for today...for some reason I wasn't feeling too great today either...so most of the day I was just drinking tea. And the lunch I had was really initially part of breakfast but I didn't eat it until later in the day. My dinner was really good and yummy. As far as snacks go, the 1/2 slices of cheese and turkey were eaten in the grocery store when my fiance and I were trying to see what kind we wanted to buy. Those pretzels were a bad idea though. :(  So...here you go: 

Breakfast: 200
1 cup great value large curd cottage cheese - 200

Lunch: 140
2 hard boiled eggs - 140

Dinner: 488
1 cup cooked white rice - 205
1 cup boiled black beans - 227
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce - 7
1/4 cup Kirkland plain green yogurt - 35
1/4 cup ChiChi's mild salsa - 5
1/2 fresh tomato - 9

Snacks/Drinks: 306
Tea - 0
Water - 0
2 wint-o-green lifesaver mints - 30
1 mozzarella cheese stick - 80
1/2 slice cooper sharp american cheese - 50
1/2 slice oven roasted turkey - 6
1/3rd cup (1 oz/1 serving) of Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion pretzels - 140

Exercise: 
None. :\

TOTAL: 1134 calories


I think I did okay. Hopefully you guys liked my jars. Feel free to post your own. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment