Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mini-Post #6

So before today's weigh-in, I figured I would share a little something with you all. Last weekend, I was walking around the mall- a common event on a boring day. Usually I avoid the clothing stores, or at least stick to looking and dreaming instead of trying things on or buying. This was especially true for the past year or so, when I literally felt so bad about the way I looked that I refused to buy any clothes outside of a Walmart. Well anyway, last weekend I got the urge to try on jeans- something I usually dread and avoid as much as possible. Trying on jeans has always been an embarrassing and depressing event- where i try on 50 pairs and end up with none that fit the right way. Inevitably i end up with jeans another size bigger, and my self confidence another size smaller. 


But not that day! :D


I walked out of the store with size 15 (yes- FIFTEEN) jeans that actually fit pretty well (they buttoned and were really flattering, although a little bit snug). It also helped that while I was trying on jeans my boyfriend (and weight-loss buddy) was there, and the jaw-dropping expression on his face was priceless! :D I feel so accomplished and proud of myself to see my hard work showing up, not only on the scale or in the mirror, but in my clothes! My size 20 jeans are practically falling off of me! I needed a new pair anyway! Hahaha. :)


Speaking of my weight-loss buddy, I'd like to send out a HUGE congratulations to him on achieving his first big goal! He's under 300 pounds for the first time since 11th grade. I'm so proud of you!

Today's weigh-in!:
FIRST weigh-in: 229 lbs
Last week's weigh-in: 216 lbs
Today's weigh-in: 214 lbs.
Weight loss for the week: 2  lbs.
Weight loss to date: 15 lbs

Last week's goals:




1. Lose 4 pounds.- i was sick this week (with the stomach flu), and therefore i drank alot of liquids that werent water (chicken soup, apple juice). I was curious to see my weight fluctuate throughout the week, and believe it or not, my lowest weight this week was 212.5 pounds! That was very unhealthy and signaled to me that i was probably dehydrated, so i drank alot of water and juice to make up for it.
2. exercise for at least 60 minutes on 4 days, and 30 minutes on 2 days.- this was not accomplished. I was very sick and weak all week. I needed my rest. Because i'm still sick, I'm going to temporarily skip making this a goal for next week.
3.  organize the food i have in my room, and make sure it is ALL out of sight so i don't get tempted to snack when i'm not hungry. - done. :) out of sight, out of mind. it's also helped me cut cravings, especially for peanut butter!


Next week's goals:
1. Lose 4 pounds
2. Write at least 3 blogs for you this week :)


Thanks for all the support guys! Make sure you spread the word, and don't forget to become a fan on Facebook (click HERE to become a fan!).

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I decided I would like to follow you because I know what it means to NEED suport and motivation. Please follow mine as well! I will defenitly be a regular to help you on your journey! :) Keep up the awesome work, girl.. your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I will definitely follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete