Monday, November 5, 2012

Day #13: I may not be "there" yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Monday, monday, monday. And so it begins, the hard week ahead. :\

Lots of stuff due, lots of work to be done, and hopefully I won't pull any damaging all-nighters this week! (All-nighters tend to make me stuff my face with junk and feel really horrible for a few days afterwards. I guess I'm not as young as I once was...)

Today I went to Sam's club with my neighbor because he wanted to buy some cans in bulk to donate to his church's can drive.  I was pretty good about sticking to my list, that is, until I walked past the cheese section. Me and cheese? Well, we go waaay back. I love cheese! I decided to indulge myself and buy a packaged of Mini Babybel soft cheeses. Bret doesn't really like me buying them because I had the tendency (BEFORE!) to eat the whole package in one sitting. I'm going to force myself to limit my intake to 1 cheese a day. And I'm going to enjoy it! :P I mean, if I stopped to think about it...I probably shouldn't have bought them. They are, as Bret worries, a big risk. I might overeat, I might sabotage myself. But, I think of it this way: temptation will always exist. If I can't learn to control myself, then I will lose all the weight, and eventually go back to bad habits, and gain everything and then some back. So, my promise to myself is that I will not eat more than one per day. I need to control myself. Eat to live, not live to eat, as some wise person once said (I think it's Benjamin Franklin, but don't quote me on that. Get it? quote. LOL). Today I ate my one serving slowly, and savored it, the way eating SHOULD be! I did pretty good. No temptation to indulge! :) Maybe my habits are slowly changing for the better!

After the jump, check out my food diary, and Monday's motivational pic! :) 
Breakfast: 562
Kirkland - Greek Yogurt Plain Nonfat, 1 cup - 140
Well-Pict - Sliced Strawberries, Frozen, Unsweetened, 70 g (1 cup) - 52
(Both above ingredients were blended into a smoothie)
Kraft - Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese - Brick, 1 oz - 100
Thomas - Bagel Thins 100% Whole Wheat, 1 bagel (46g) - 110
2 hard boiled eggs - 140
1/2 cup Blue Diamond Almond Milk, unsweetened vanilla - 20

Lunch: 510
Kirkland Signature- (Costco) - Stuffed Salmon, 1 steak - 510

Dinner: 235

Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful, Wheat W/ Honey, 45 g (2 Slices) -90
Great Value - Red Raspberry Preserves, 1 Tbsp - 50
Skippy - Extra Crunchy Super Crunch Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp (32g) - 95

Snacks/Drinks: 395
Tea - 0
Water - 0
1 mozzarella cheese stick - 80
Orange - 3 whole peeled - 135
1 mini-babybel cheese - 70
1 serving of pretzels, (Utz Sourdough Specials large pretzels) - 110

Exercise: 
None. 

TOTAL: 1702

Monday's Motivation! (As posted on facebook)... (note: I do not own, nor did I create this photo. I honestly don't remember where it came from, I just had it saved on my computer. If you are the owner of this photo please comment or email me to have it removed or to get credit. Thanks for your understanding, I don't want to infringe on any copyright or ownership or whatever!)


No comments:

Post a Comment